Monday, March 02, 2009

Noah Moments

Saturday morning James had a work event at U of A that he had to attend. Kayla was spending the night with a friend and Noah and I were getting ready to do errands in Fayetteville. I called for Noah and asked him to come put his clothes on. He did not come. I asked again still he did not come. Then I heard him say "I am trying to put up the muffin." I told him to leave it alone and come here. Again he responds "I'm trying to put the muffin away. I can't reach the muffin; it's too high!" So I am wondering what muffin he is talking about but did not take time to find out. We were supposed to be meeting up with Amber and the kids so I was trying to stay focused. After getting him dressed I heard James in the kitchen getting ready to leave and I went to say goodbye. I noticed that our mop was laying in the floor (it is usually hanging up in the pantry) and leaned over to pick it up. That is when Noah said with a very frustrated voice "Mommy I tried to put the muffin away but it was too high!" After a good chuckle we explained to Noah that it is a mop not a muffin. He is very eager to point out that he now knows the difference between a mop and a muffin.

Sunday evening I made chicken Alfredo for dinner. We were almost finished with dinner when Noah asked if he could have more chicken. I quickly glanced at his plate and saw that he had not eaten his broccoli. I told him that I would give him more chicken when he ate all of his broccoli (he had about three small pieces on his plate). So with a big sigh and a puppy dog face he said "okay" as he reached into his highchair and pulled out a hand full of cauliflower. He put the "broccoli" on his plate and began to eat it. All I could do was leave and go into the kitchen. I could not stop giggling. I guess his little conscious got the best of him. The best part was that I had no idea he was storing cauliflower in the highchair. I just wanted him to eat the broccoli on his plate.

I think that I am slowly beginning to understand this little man. I am learning ways to speak his love language (it has been much harder for me than I expected) and he in return is speaking mine. I still struggle with the amount of energy it takes to parent this bundle of energy and some days I just sit and scratch my head wondering what is going through his mind. We are having more good days (discipline wise) than bad. That really helps. He is at that fun age where he is soaking up so much but also at that age where there are thousands of questions. I am looking forward to this summer. He is a great age for so many new activities and he loves to be outside. There is so much more that I could share about our life with our little man but he is patiently waiting to get out of bed so off I go.

PS I told Noah that he could get up and before I publish this I am happy to report that the first thing I received this morning was a huge "sweet" hug. This is a big step for us. He is starting to hug us more and more. Don't get me wrong he is a very affectionate little boy. He just usually chooses his affection to be more like tackle football. This has been difficult for me. I love to play with him but every now and then a mommy just needs a sweet hug. I am starting to get more of them and they are so sweet. I still get tackled several times a day but at this point it looks like both our love tanks are getting fuel. I love my little man so much!

0 comments: