Thursday, January 15, 2009

God is Bigger Than Hog Noses!

"Arkansas Survival Kit"



I know some must be thinking that some how the title to this post is sacrilegious. It is just my way of trying to acknowledge that God's ways are not my ways.

First I must explain the picture that is featured in this post. In December my sister called to inform me that there was a promising chance that their family would be transferred to Little Rock in August. It was not set in stone but it looked very promising. When they told their two boys they respond with the statement "but there are so many germs there!" Why would they say such a thing? Because every time they visit us they get sick. Really really sick! It is also a fact that when we visit them our kids end up sick, really really sick. In return we get them sick. So why the picture? Well they joked about sending us a Christmas card that said they are ready for us ( we were visiting them for Christmas) and in the card they were going to wear mask and gloves. So when we heard that they may be moving to Little Rock we decided to make them an Arkansas survival kit. The kit included hand sanitizer, mask, gloves and of course a hog nose. My sister was the only one who knew that we were doing this. It was a huge hit and we all had a big laugh. It also made for a great family photo.

We have been anxiously awaiting the big news on his new assignment. It was revealed yesterday that they will not be moving to Little Rock. The worse part is that they will be moving to Washington. What use to be a 6 hour drive for us to see them will now be a four day drive. Needless to say we are both heartbroken. They will finish their last assignment in Washington (4 years) so we will miss the boys High School years and it will be very expensive and difficult to make it for their graduations. Our little Noah will be heartbroken too when he realizes that he can not just go to Aunt April's house on a whim. He kinda got attached to her and Penny (their puppy) when they stayed with her for 17 days while we were in Thailand.

We both know that God's plan for their family is more important than the plans we made for living just 3 hours apart. We knew that it was not a done deal but we had both hoped and prayed that it might be that way. So for now I am so thankful for the past 4 years that God allowed us to live so close. We have managed with this much distance between us before and we will manage again, but I will miss having her so close.

I love you sis! I just hope our guys know that we will be trying to fit in as mush time as we can before the actual move. I still see scrap booking in our future!

1 comments:

Reba said...

I am so sorry about your sister's move. :( Mine is five and a half hours away and that is difficult. At one time we lived right next door to each other...I miss those days. Sisters are special people. I know God has a plan, but it is hard to see sometimes!
Reba