Sunday, January 11, 2009

So Many Emotions

~17 days on the Indian Ocean half way around the world~
~This was the view from our room!~


I am so far behind on posting that I do not even know where to begin. I always have the best intentions but you know what they so about intentions.

We had a great time with family over the holidays. We were able to see all of our family except my brother and his family. Pretty bummed that we were not able to see him. We traveled to LA to spend Christmas with my older sis, younger sis and my parents. I was able to see one of my nephews for the first time and he is 5 years old. My younger sister met Noah for the first time. It was great to spend time with all the cousins and family. James' parents and his sister drove in from Colorado a few days after we returned form LA. While they were here visiting we renovated our master bath. I'm sure that there would have been a more logical time to accomplish this but it is the only time that James has that much time off to devote to a project. Our bathroom has been in the mist of repairs since it flooded when Kayla was in the second grade. Yes she is now in 7th grade. We simply have had other things that were more in need of our time and money. If I could find my camera I would post some during and after photos.

We are back at school again. We managed to stay on track pretty well. The chores seem to suffer more when we are schooling. Noah plays well but after I spend time teaching I feel so guilty cleaning house when I should be playing with him. Either way I feel like some thing or some one is being neglected.

Tonight we had an amazing time of worship and fellowship at church. Our youth pastor and his family will be leaving in a week to serve on international soil. We are so excited for them as they begin this new journey but they will be greatly missed. Tonight when we told Noah it was time to leave he asked where we were going. We told him that we were going to church to say goodbye to his little friend B. Noah asked us were B was going and we told him he was moving. We also told him were B was moving to. He looked at us and said "That's a bummer!" The only response to that was "it's a good bummer." We are so excited for this family because we know what is in store for them but we will miss them so much. Their family has been such a blessing to our church and the youth are so sad to see them go.

Another reason that tonight is filled with so many emotions is that we had the opportunity to work along side this family in Thailand. Our hearts and minds are already stirred as we approach the one year anniversary of our trip. Many of the songs that we sang tonight were the ones that we sang on our trip. One in particular moves us to tears every time we hear the words or tune. Tonight was a sweet reminder of all our new friends that we made a year ago, yet it is a sad reminder that we may never have that opportunity again. Our experience in Thailand was probably one of the most difficult things that we have ever done physically but it was so rewarding. If asked I do believe that I would get on that plane and make the 25+ hour flight and do it all over again. I would endure the smells, the uncleanliness, very late luggage, the mold, the bacteria, the foreign foods, no diet coke, the language barrier, lack of sleep, jet lag and any of the foreign sights and customs so that we could once again work with our new friends and join them in their cause. It was an honor and a pleasure to work with them. We miss them so much and continue to remember them and lift them up.

We still wish that we were able to share so much more with each of you. For now this will have to do. I am still considering a 17 day pineapple fast in remembrance of our trip. (for those who missed a previous post that was about the only thing that I ate while I was there.)

Our hearts are stirred and will continue to be stirred. We are hopeful that we will be able to work alongside some of theses fine folks again some day but until then we are so grateful that we had this opportunity.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Sounds like an evening of mixed emotions. Who knows what God has in store for you one day? :) Sounds like you had a good holiday...busy but good. Look forward to hearing more. I would love to see before and after pics of the bathroom.

Lauren said...

Dear Aunt Angie, I just wanted to let you know I miss you and I want you to know that even though you can't be here this year, I will always remember our time together and all the fun we had. You will always be in my heart.
Lots Of Love (LOL)
Lauren L.