Monday, June 02, 2008

Let the summer fun begin!

Today JT spent the day with us and we decided to get our summer off to a good start. It seems like we have been so over loaded and all we do is tell the kids later, not now, or we just can't afford it right now. So today we threw "some" caution to the wind and headed out for a fun day. It was not a very expensive day but it was packed with a lot of much needed fun.

When JT got here this morning we just sat on the couch and talked. We had a lot of catching up to do since we had not had any one on one time together in a long time. I use to care for him full time while Kayla was still enrolled in school. JT would come early in the morning and then we would take Kayla to school. We would then spend the whole day together playing and hanging out. Some days we would just sit and snuggle all day. We even took our naps together. He was kinda spoiled. He even had his own closet at my house and he would come in his pjs then I would dress him after breakfast. I cared for him from the time he was 4 months until he was about two. Eventually I had to give up caring for him because we had made the decision to home school and his little brother had come into the world. It was too much for me to have two little boys and teach school full time. Kayla was needing constant instruction at that time. JT's life was a gift to me at one of the most difficult times in my life. His mom and I began to try to conceive at the same time and we talked of raising our little ones together. She asked me early on if I would keep her child if they got pregnant. At the time I was working for the school and planned to quit only if I got pregnant. Well long story short they conceived right away and well we still have not conceived. That was over 5 years ago. (By the way I am so grateful that the Lord didn't give into my plan). I did decide to quit my job and stay home with JT. It was the best decision I ever made and God used this little boy to fill a whole in my heart. JT has always called my aunt ange and his mom has always considered me to be like a second mother to him. I have always considered him to be like a son to me. He is such a precious little boy and will always hold a special place in my heart. Okay I know that I am already off track with this post but I have to share one more thing about JT. When the church had my baby shower for Noah I invited his mom to the shower. I really though that she would come alone because it was being held at the country club. Instead she brought JT with her. When I saw Laura come in with JT I began to weep uncontrollably. He came over and gave me a hug and I just wept and wept. I will never forget having him there to celebrate that day with me and my family. He brought me so much earthly joy and God had allowed him to be such a special part of my life. I love that God still allows us to be close and that he still smiles that devilish grin every time I see him.

Okay back to our day. We decided to call some friends and meet them for lunch. After that we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese. This was our first visit to the new one. The kids had a blast. I thought that we would never get Noah and JT off the big jeep. After Chuck E Cheese we did a few errands and came home to put Noah down for a nap. We played some more and then JT's dad came to pick him up.

Noah had a late nap and Kayla went to Planning commission with James. They are going to start having a mini date after each PC meeting. This week they went to eat Thai food. I let Noah sleep for a while and then we went to Sonic. After that we went to Walmart to buy groceries. I am not sure why but he was so excited to go to Walmart. He sang to me and talked to me the whole time. He kept asking me "mommy sad"? I would say "no mommies not sad". Then he would say "mommy happy"? So I would say "yes, mommies happy". We repeated this over and over again. If Noah does something naughty then I usually tell him that mommy is sad. He seemed to enjoy the fact that he had been making good choices that day and that mommy was happy and not sad.

We got home form the store a little after 10pm. As soon as he saw James he came in and told him all about his trip to Walmart. He just jabbered and jabbered. After we put away groceries I read him a story and I asked him if he had a good day. He said "yes". I asked him what his favorite part was (expecting hi to say Chuck E Cheese) and with a big smile he said Walmart. I guess what he needed more than any thing that day was to have him mommy all to himself and to know that she was happy. I guess he noticed the "sunny" in my heart.