Friday, August 08, 2008

Just Thinking

We are winding down to the last few hours before surgery. The kids are packed (I hope anyway). I keep thinking that I have forgotten something. Actually I did. We were low on pull ups so James ran to Walmart to pick up a package. On the way he had a blowout on his truck so he has been gone for over an hour. I'm not sure he will volunteer to go out again any time soon. It was very thoughtful of him though. He could tell that I just wasn't up to it. He has had a tough week though so he probably would have prefered to stay home as well.

I really need to get to bed. We have to get the kids to a friends house and be at the hospital in 7 hours. I think that it will be hard to sleep tonight but I figure that sleeping is all I will be dioing tomorrow so I'm not to concerned.

So I thought that I would share a few things that are on my mind tonight.

*I'm excited that the kids are going to get to see family again but I always get nervous to think about them being away form home.

*I keep wondering if Noah will understand that mom doesn't feel good when he comes home. He is excited to go to his aunt's house and even told me that I had to go to the hospital and go night night. We are not sure where he got this because we have not talked to him about it at all.

* I'm begining to think that Noah's head is made of concrete. I do not know how this child hits his head so much yet has only had stiches one time. Actually they glued it so he hasn't even had stiches. Today he was standing up on his seat in the van. He usually gets in turns around and then sits down. Today he stood up and turned his back to the door. He completly missed the chair and fell head first out the door. He hit between the sliding door and floor baord and then fell to the ground. He has a huge knot but other than that he's okay. Mom's nerves however are fried. I should have known that today he would be wild when I saw him standing on the back of the recliner this morning.

*So what does one do when you can't talk. I have never been in a state were I was unable to speak or unwilling. I can't even fatham.

*I keep wondering "just how bad does this really hurt?" I guess I will know soon enough.

*Looking forward to loosing weight but I wonder how long it will take to get tired of jello.

Things that we accomplished over the last two weeks. These are just the ones I can remember.
*cleaned the bathrooms, bedrooms, living room, and dinning room
*James installed new blinds in our bed room and we had the other one's cleaned (good friend helped with all our dusting due to my allergies and needing to stay well for surgery)
*helped friends pack and move
*cleaned the kitchen including the oven (it is not self cleaning)
*went through piles of papers
*cleaned and organized closets and dressors
*had carpets cleaned (this was a treat from a friend)
*windows washed (not all of them but the main ones
*washed shower curtains and window coverings
*washed all bedding
*steamed our mattresses
*moved all furniture that can be moved to clean behind
*got rid of ebay items that have been taking up my entry (no more ebay at this time)
*cleaned out old curriculum
*purchased new teacing materials
*ordered student materials
*cleaned computer desk
*oraginized curriculum book shelf
*purchased school supplies
*moved Kayla's furniture and sold her desk
*bought Kayla new beddding and new chair
*finished laundry
*paid bills
*balanced check book
*bought groceries
*packed the kids
*packed my bag
*spent quality time with James (including dinner at Olive Garden)
*Took the kids to the pool, out to lunch, shopping, and took them to paly at Fast Lanes
*Played with Noah hung out with Kayla

I'm sure there is more. Including loads of errands. It feels so good to be on top of our home again. I hope that with the kids gone for a week we can keep up with it. Actually I won't be doing much but I know that those that are here will help me out. I look forward to starting the school year with our home clean and organized. I hope that this will help us do our little chores every day and then keep with the bigger things weekly and monthly. I am so energized. I guess all it took was someone telling me that I could not do anything for 2-3 weeks. I still have some organining to do but it is managable now.

Before I go I have to say that the biggest thing on my mind is that I am so in Love with my God. He continues to amaze me and show himself in ways that I am not expecting. I am looking forward to some down time with Him over the next couple of weeks. I am excited to see how he is going to work in our lives this year. We are starting to have more happy days than sad. I know that we are coming up on a difficult anniversary but I trust God to see us through and to be a light that far outshines any darkness that we have ever faced. Thank you God for your faithfulness and mercy. They trully are new every morning.


Reba said...

You have been so busy! I have gotten nothing accompished in comparison. I am thinking about you...pray that the recovery time is quick and painless. I guess if I couldn't talk I would blog ALOT just to get those thoughts out. Can you only have liquidy kinds of foods? When you can have soft foods, I do know that macaroni can be swallowed whole. I did that after wisdom tooth surgery...